Saturday 20 October 2012

Much Updating!

Sorry I have been absent from the blogging world!  I've been caught up with work, dealing with the on-coming season of winter... sigh... going to a conference, and of course riding.  Was stuck behind the wheel yesterday driving home from the conference in a constant blizzard.  Yes, blizzard.  A drive that usually takes 5 hours took 7. I was not impressed.  Saw some transport trucks that were stuck, a couple people in the ditch, but all in all got home just fine.  Ironically, when I was within 20 minutes of home there was no snow, nothing.  Which was good since the BO and I were trailering to a clinic that evening.  We got there not a problem, unloaded and tacked up for the ride! 

By the time our lesson was over and we were ready to load up (approximately 1.5 hours or so) the snow was coming down.  Hard.  Driving home was a bit hair raising, but the BO is an awesome hauler, plenty of experience, and we got 'er done.  After unloading and making sure we had everything ready for today, I headed home after reading and sending off some texts to the SO.  I was in hot water since I hadn't texted him for about 8 hours and he knew I was driving through a blizzard that day.  He was a little pissed but more relieved than anything to hear from me.  I started the drive home and realized it was going to be a long haul.  I live about 25km from the barn, and usually takes about 15-20 minutes to get there.  It took me double that time to get home.  The roads were absolutely MISERABLE, thank goodness I took the truck with it's 4x4.  Kind of sad when I got home since I've been away for a few days and now the SO is away for a few days.

I'll be writing up some posts for the clinic, with photo and video!

In the meantime, looks like I have to start browsing for a new cooler as mine was eaten by mice.

2 comments:

  1. Damn mice.

    Glad you're ok. Winter driving is not my favorite thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :)
    I'm a little put out by the cooler, but now have something to look for online, yay! It's still snowing now, which is very irritating. Walking the dog and the snow is almost over the top of the tall boots.

    ReplyDelete