I love this idea of the Equestrian Bucket List, not only does it let you really dream of the big stuff, but it can help you look at your goals now and see if they'll get you to those big moments. Being an independent rider with minimal access to coaches/trainers, I need to keep myself on track with realistic goals that I can accomplish by myself. I'm a fairly goal-oriented person, so this winter during our Christmas/January deep freeze break, I want to devise a plan with all those small steps and goals so that we're raring to go for next year's season.
Without further ado, here's the list!
1. Complete a long-format/traditional three day event
2. Be competitive at Training Level
3. Go watch the world equestrian games (com'on 2018 being in Bromont!)
4. Go equestrian camping in the mountains with Koda.
5. Ride a respectable half-pass
1. Ride a 2'9" course and be COMPETENT at it
2. Be comfortable on Koda bareback (starting this in the indoor for cool-out time)
3. Jump 3'
4. Gallop across a beach. Don't care where, just a BEACH! Or a long stretch of sand. Somewhere.
5. Conquer flying changes
I know my lists aren't as big or out there, but they're my equestrians dreams (for now!).
What are yours?
Thought it was at 3'... sadly only measured at 2'10"
As I'm fairly technologically incompetent, I don't know how to but the widget (?) into my post, so to see the original, check out the following blog by Julie: