Friday 31 October 2014

October's 10 Questions

1.  How many pairs of breeches/jods do you own?  I've actually been expanding my collection of breeches to have a few more varieties.  I have 4 schooling pairs, 2 fleece-lined, and now 3 show pairs whereas before I only had 1.

2.  How many horses have you ridden?  I started riding at camps and lesson barns, so I've ridden a ton of different horses in all shapes and sizes.  On top of that, I worked as the equestrian director at a summer camp for a few years and rode every single horse in the program for tune ups, test rides, and more throughout the summer.  The main horses that gave me my riding education would be November, Corky, Frosty, Cotton, and Cherokee from the first lesson barn I rode at, Max, Thor, and Laddie from the camp, and Dillon, Celtic, and Koda as my own.
Max and I on a morning ride before campers arrived
Playing around with Thor

3.  How many trainers have you had?  I've never really had trainers, but did the lesson thing with coaches and clinicians.  For sake of this post, I'll say I've had 5 coaches.

Esther teaching about equine first aid... love the expressions!
4.  How many barns have you ridden at? Three: first lesson barn I rode at, the barn I rode out of while at university (and where I found Dillon), and the barn before I moved to Alberta.

5.  What is the name of the horse you consider yourself to have the greatest bond?  Koda.  Dillon is up there, but Koda is the horse that I'm really getting to understand and actually know.

6.  What is your favourite show name you've ever encountered?  Gryffindor.

7.  What do you consider your greatest weakness or flaw in riding?  My lack of patience sometimes.  I've worked on it quite a bit, but I will sometimes get so wrapped up in what I'm asking and end up asking wrong (wires crossed) and it builds to be a disaster.

8.  What do you consider to be your greatest strength?  Coach-ability.  When I go to clinics and lessons, I'm going for a reason so I tend to be able to absorb and retain things I'm taught very quickly, especially when I can see or feel the result of that new technique/riding skill I'm being taught.

2014 Clinic down at Alhambra
9.  Have you ever leased a horse?  Yup!  I've leased two, a large welsh-arab cross pony named Cotton Blossom (cotton for short), and Dillon before I bought him.

10.  What is the name of the first horse you rode?  The name of the first horse I rode, excluding pony rides, is Apache.  He was an elderly pinto pony who had taken many first riders through their first riders.

No comments:

Post a Comment