Friday 8 June 2012

Good rides

Sorry for the lack in posts!  Work has been intense this week, and when I get home I either just want to hang out with Koda or the SO, then turn the brain off and enjoy some guilt-free tv. 

Went for a long trail ride with the BO and her handsome boy earlier this week and we couldn't have asked for a better time.  The day was lovely, wind was just enough to keep the flies off, sun was up but not too hot, horses were happy to go, absolutely perfect.  The ride itself went really well with some walking, trotting, cantering, and, for Koda and I, working from pushing from behind and rounding the topline.  Surprisingly, he did very well (yet again!) not only at a walk, but at the trot, and even a touch at canter.  We do need to work on our straightness, but I think that is more me than him since when I'm completely even, so is he.  I just need to get used to really riding perfectly STRAIGHT with no lean or crookedness.  Yay for yoga and pilates to help straighten me out!

The ride for Koda and I went really well, but the best part was seeing the BO out on her main horse, trotting and cantering along.  Now the BO has had a few mishaps with this guy, and the trust has not been there for a while.  Whenever we had gone trail riding before, she was very nervous about going faster than a walk on any of her horses, let alone her "hot" horse that she was on that night.  I knew I wanted to do some trot work, so I just asked and she said sure, it will help her guy learn that it's ok to let horses go by him.  Lo and behold, when I went past on my second trot, I hear the clip-clop of hooves behind me, and I turn and see her smiling from ear to ear.  It was awesome!  On our home loop, she was even the one that started cantering first, leaving me in the dust! 

It was great to see my friend get up and just enjoy the riding and to know that she can still do those things with her horses. 

Very cool :)

No comments:

Post a Comment