Wednesday 19 June 2013

The Liebster Award!

My first blog award, how cool :)

Thanks to Carly (http://poorwomanshowing.blogspot.ca/) and Emmi (http://mylifeonhorses.blogspot.ca/) for the nominations!  Looks like I'll be answering double the amount of questions and have a hard time finding blogs to nominate.  It seems like almost all the blogs I follow have already been nominated!  But here goes nothing.


How to Accept the Award: The Liebster Blog Award is a way to recognize blogs who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued. Here are the rules for accepting the award:
  • Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
  • List 11 random facts about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions given to you.
  • Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
  • Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
  • Go to each blogger's page and let them know you have nominated them.
Here are 11 random facts about me:
1.  I've been riding since I was 7 years old
2.  I love to travel.  As a kid, my parents would take my sister and I all across Canada and the states, plus some overseas travel to Europe.  I've tried to continue this as an adult, going on one big trip once a year.  This year myself and the SO (along with my family) are going to France for two weeks!
3.  I have a BSc and 95% of an MSc in Earth Sciences, majoring in hydrogeology
4.  I teach singing lessons
5.  My two favourite sports are all about feel - riding (obviously) and rowing
6.  I have a knack for remembering very strange trivia about random things
7.  I love reality tv, particularly Survivor and So You Think You Can Dance
8.  In university I taught swing dancing
9.  As time goes on, it seems like I'm living in smaller and smaller communities.  Started in a city of 250,000, went to university in a town of 8,000, and now live in a hamlet of 800
10.  I strongly dislike the colour pink
11.  Even though I've been riding since I was 7, I bought my first horse when I was 25. 

Questions from Carly:
  1. If you could assume the identity of any person for one day, who would it be?
    Ian Millar
  2. What unique horsemanship skill do you possess?
    Being able to switch from evil growling monster back to happy rider in a matter of seconds.  My old coach used to say "Grow your fangs out!" for when your horse is being naughty, ignoring your aid, etc. and then soften the moment you get what you want.
  3. English or western?
    English :)  But will slap on the western saddle if the feeling strikes me
  4. Would your horse have an accent? If so, what would it be?
    I think it would be slightly french... even though he's arab/quarter horse
  5. Have you ever met any of your fellow bloggers?
    Nope, but would love to!
  6. What is your favorite vacation spot?
    Jasper National Park (Alberta) or Algonquin National Park (Ontario)
  7. Do you have any other pets besides your trusty steed?
    Two cats (Sooks who made the trek with us from Nova Scotia and Gin who we adopted shortly after I lost Dillon) and Shiloh who we adopted this past October.
  8. Have you ever ridden bareback?
    Yup! Used to school dressage riding bareback with Dillon, but haven't got there yet with Koda.
  9. Who is your favorite clinician?
    Right now?  It would have to be Kathy Playdon, or Francois Lemaire
  10. Urban, suburban, or rural living?
    Rural, for now, but would rather suburban, or just outside of a city.
  11. What is your favorite food?
    Raspberries
Questions from Emmi:

1. You are stuck on a deserted island, what is the first thing you do?
Start a fire (signal beacon) and look for water
2. You meet a stranger, he offers you two pills. He says the green one will take you on an amazing adventure although it may have dangerous/deadly consequences or he says you can take the yellow which will make you forget any of this ever happened. Which would you take? Why?
Yellow pill - I like adventure, but not with deadly consequences :)
3. Would you rather own a unicorn or a pegasus?
Pegasus!
4. What was your most memorable experience you and your horse shared?
Koda and I haven't had many memorable moments yet, but just chilling together in the pasture, him getting his bug bites itched, me enjoying his company, was pretty nice
5. What is a riding discipline you have always wanted to try? Why? ie. barrel racing, steeple chasing
Endurance riding - to be able to ride your horse for that long a distance is impressive!  The bond between rider and horse must be strong, along with their stamina
6. What was your favorite toy from your childhood?
My Breyer model of Big Ben
7. If you show, what was your most favorite ribbon/award?
First ribbon I ever won at a show that wasn't hosted by my barn
8. You are at a bar (or restaurant if you are under 21!) what drink would you order?
Gingerale or water
9. How many siblings do you have?
1, older sister
10. What is your favorite time of the year?
Autumn
11. Do you like short horses or tall horses?
16.2H and under please :)

Questions for Nominees:
1.  What got you into horses in the first place?
2.  Other than riding, what are your favourite hobbies/passions?

3.  Name a horse from history you would want the chance to ride
4.  Show or clinic?  Why?
5.  What is your favourite moment from your riding career?
6.  Best tip or trick you've heard from a clinic, coach, fellow rider, etc.
7.  If you're in a library with every book in the world, which one do you check out?
8.  How did you end up with your current equine partner?
9.  What is your favourite type of jump/question (oxer, bank, vertical, drop, etc.)
10.  What is your motivation to continue in this amazing sport we all love?
11.  You're running late for your start time for your dressage test.  What do you most likely forget?

As most of the blogs I follow are already nominated for this award or are over 200 followers, I only have 3 to nominate!  Well here they are:
1.  Stanthehorse at http://weanieeventer.blogspot.ca/
2.  AlbertaEventer at http://albertaeventer.blogspot.ca/
3.  SprinklerBandit at http://iamthesprinklerbandit.blogspot.ca/

1 comment: