Thursday 6 September 2012

South Peace Clinic, Day 2 - Part 1

Instead of writing about what we did for our warm-up for the second day of the clinic, I'll let the photos (and captions) tell the story :)
We stayed in the arena and did some rating, transitions within stride at the trot and canter, then popped over a few jumps.  This is still while Koda and I were trying to get back into the groove of everything, along with doing all of these new things.  Most likely not the best timing for either of us, but c'est la vie!


Warming up, looking snazzy with our new breastplate!  Thank you Five Star for the sale


Staying off his back for the first few canter transitions


Our right lead needs a big of work...


What is going on with my legs... oye


Ummm... legs?!?!
  

Progression through the jump
Love the evenness of his knees here. 
My position, not so much.



 

Does anyone know of any good exercises the help me keep my legs where they need to be?! 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, but you aren't going to like them.

    Two point, lots of it, to get your heels down. Riding without stirrups to solidify that lower leg.

    Over and over and over again. It really does help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I don't mind the exercises! This past clinic was essentially a two-point clinic for me. The legs were feeling it, but it was the good muscle pain.

    Need to get in the habit of doing them more often, not for time (boring!) but for results, I think.

    ReplyDelete